The purpose of this policy is to indicate how our company collects, uses and protects your personal data in the context of the use you make of this website. This use takes place in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (Privacy Act) and European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR), which became applicable on 25 May 2018.
Who processes your data?
The person responsible for the processing of the personal data relating to you and as collected on this website is TOMMEL BV, Ringlaan 33a, 8680 Koekelare, 0700.978.121, hereinafter referred to as "PETOETJE".
Which data is collected and when?
When you create an account: gender, name, first name, email address, address, date of birth, phone number, mobile number.
• When you fill in the contact form: name, first name, e-mail address.
• When you make purchases via the PETOETJE webshop: name, first name, e-mail address, address, telephone number or mobile number (optional).
• When you participate in surveys or competitions, you may be asked to provide certain personal information: eg. name, first name, address ,, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number.
• Log data: IP address, open pages, mouse clicks, date and time of your request, your browser, purchases, orders, returns, and so on. This information allows us to recognize you and can tell us how you use our services.
• Device information: IP address, brand, type and operating system of your device, etc.
• Social media: we take over your personal data from Facebook when you log in via your Facebook account.
• We may also receive data from third parties and partners. We refer in this respect to the relevant provisions of the policies on the protection of personal data of those third parties. Your rights regarding that data must also be exercised with those third parties.
• Information of minors:
PETOETJE only collects data from minors when the permission of a parent / legal guardian has been given.
• Data from professional customers and suppliers or companies we work with: in addition to the data mentioned above, we also keep company data such as the VAT number or company number, the coordinates of the contact persons of the legal entity (name, position, telephone…) .
Why do we use your data?
PETOETJE collects and processes your personal data in order to correctly execute the contract you conclude with PETOETJE and to keep you informed of (customer) benefits, promotions and the like (legitimate interest).
PETOETJE uses your data for the following purposes:
• To deliver products and to provide services and to optimize them: PETOETJE needs your data to be able to deliver orders and to communicate with you in response to your orders or if you have any questions about our products and / or services.
• To be able to execute our PETOETJE loyalty program: as a registered customer, PETOETJE awards you points based on your purchases; these points can be redeemed for a discount.
• To communicate with you: PETOETJE would like to inform you about novelties, promotions, competitions, personal suggestions etc. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us, you can indicate this yourself in your account via our website (Account information) or you can report this to our Customer Care Center. You can also unsubscribe from certain newsletters via the link "unsubscribe" at the bottom of our newsletters.
• To analyze our services and improve your experience on our website and handle any related complaints. By knowing what our customers view, order, click, etc., we can make the necessary analyzes to improve our products and services.
• To recognize you and personalize our services: in order to offer you an attractive experience of our website, PETOETJE wants to design and continuously improve it for you. When you navigate through our website, certain information may be collected through various internet technologies such as IP addresses, cookies and navigation data, without you actively providing this information. PETOETJE uses your IP address to investigate problems with our server, collect statistical information, determine the fastest connection between your computer and our website and to manage and improve the website. PETOETJE uses navigation data (log files, server logs, clickstream data) for system administration, for market research, to improve the content of the site and to provide information to you.
• To comply with legal obligations: we are legally obliged to keep a number of data for a certain period, for example in the context of tax control.
• To detect and prevent abuse and fraud and to ensure the security of the website: your IP address is logged by the server in certain cases for security reasons.
Transfer of your data to third parties and protection guarantees:
Service providers and suppliers
PETOETJE can pass on your data to independent companies or service providers, such as for the provision of a number of infrastructure or IT services, the execution of payment transactions via our services, the delivery of orders, the sending of direct marketing, the execution of analyzes, etc. These companies and service providers may have access to personal data and information in the context of their assignment for PETOETJE. PETOETJE only allows this to the extent that this is necessary for the execution of their assignment and these companies offer the necessary guarantees with regard to the access and possible use of this data and information. PETOETJE has made agreements with these service providers and suppliers regarding the security and protection of your data.
• A credit card payment will only be stored through Mollie, a widely used PCI approved European payment services provider. Our servers contain personal information, but will never contain any information regarding payment methods or bank details.
• Authorities: PETOETJE is also obliged to communicate your personal data when this is imposed by law, decree or ordinance or by a judicial decision.
• Social media: our online services may include social plug-ins from social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter (for example, the Facebook "Like" or the Twitter "Tweet This" function). When you open a page with these social plugins while using our online services, a direct connection is made to the servers of these social networking sites. Information about your use of our online services (eg your visit to our PETOETJE Webshop) can be passed on to this social networking site and your user account can be linked. Even if you are not a member of these social network sites, it is possible that your IP address is passed on and stored there. Only the social network sites determine which data is transmitted and stored via the social plug-ins, how it is used and how long this data is stored. For more information about the data protection of the social network sites, we refer to the websites of these social media.
PETOETJE undertakes to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data by making appropriate agreements. To protect data against unauthorized access by third parties, this data is encrypted and transferred via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. The used safety certificate is issued by one of the global market leaders.
How can you manage / access / delete your data?
In accordance with the Privacy Act and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
• consult and access your data and the essential information about the processing (purposes of the processing, categories of data being processed, etc.);
Request to correct or, if necessary, delete those data under the conditions set out in Article 17 GDPR, especially when those data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when you object against processing;
• to object to the processing of the data relating to you in certain specific cases as described in Article 21 GDPR, including processing for direct marketing and profiling; in that case, PETOETJE will no longer process your data, except for legitimate and compelling reasons that override your interests and rights and freedoms or if the processing is related to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• to oppose automated individual decision-making, including profiling, under the conditions set out in Article 22 of the GDPR;
• request to limit processing, in certain cases as set out in Article 18 GDPR; and
Receive your personal data in a form that allows it to be transferred, in particular to transfer it to another controller, under the conditions set out in Article 20 of the GDPR and, if technically possible, to obtain the data directly transferred from one controller to another.
You can exercise these rights by sending a written request, either by e-mail to the address [email protected], or by post to the address TOMMEL BV, Ringlaan 33a, 8680 Koekelare.
Complaints in case of violation of the applicable Belgian rules on the protection of personal data on this website can be addressed to the Belgian Commission for the protection of privacy at the address com[email protected]
If you have created a PETOETJE account, you can also adjust the following personal data yourself via the "my PETOETJE" portal on our website: name, first name, address, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, children details.
How long do we keep your information?
Your data will be kept for as long as is necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described above. The period during which this data is stored can differ depending on the purpose for which the data is collected and stored (e.g. legal obligation to keep billing data, or execution of an online order). When it is no longer necessary to process your personal data, we will anonymize your personal data.
Will your data be transferred outside the European Economic Area?
Certain data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes described. That transfer may be made through service providers located outside the territory or through a server located outside that territory. In this regard, our company undertakes to always ensure an adequate and adequate level of protection for your data.
Links to other websites
How will you be notified of changes to this confidentiality policy?
You will find the date of the last change to this policy at the bottom of this document. This confidentiality policy may be changed on occasion without us notifying you in advance. We therefore recommend that you consult this policy regularly.
Do you have questions? Then you can contact our Customer Care center at [email protected]
You can also contact our customer service at the following address:
TOMMEL BV, Ringlaan 33a, 8680 Koekelare.